7½ MONTHS - 15 February 2011

I called the hospital yesterday, but they still didn't have the results of the tests, they said to call back in 2-3 days. I spoke to the doctor who attended the girls when we were there, she asked how they were doing. When I said they were better, she said it's very likely that the tests will be positive, since it seems the medication is working and that particular medication only works on whooping cough. So we'll see. But Liva & Laia are better, that's what's most important!!
This morning I skipped breakfast and weighed myself just before showering - not a good idea. The scale just seems frozen on that same number! When I was pregnant I was so sure that losing weight wouldn't be a problem at all; I hardly moved the last few months of my pregnancy, so just the fact that I am moving again should be enough to lose weight. I'm carrying twins around, walking loads around the house since they're getting so big now I struggle with carrying both, I have to do two trips every time. And we go for a walk every day for at least an hour, usually around two or more, where I push the stroller which, with Liva & Laia inside, must weigh at least 20 Kg. I know it has wheels, but I'm still pushing it. And Barcelona isn't a flat city. But no, even after more than 7 months I still can't fit my clothes. Summer (well, spring) is coming up, and I'm already dreaming about spending days at the beach with the girls. But when I imagine myself in a bikini I panic - I probably can't even fit my bikini. Oh, the horror of having to buy a new one....
I've even gotten over my chocolate addiction and eat much less (yes, I still eat some!!), I snack on yoghurts - low fat - when I'm hungry, I eat fruit. I don't exercise, I just don't see when I would be able to. I'd love to start jogging again, but I'm just not motivated in the evenings when the girls are in bed. And NO WAY am I getting up at 5 in the morning to go for a jog before getting the girls ready for the day. I can hardly find the time to work, it's impossible to fit in exercising as well. So I guess I'll just have to stay fat for a while still. One day I will be back to normal, that day is just further away than I originally thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment