7 MONTHS + 3 WEEKS - 24 February 2011

I've just come home from teaching, and the elevator wasn't working - again! Yesterday they were working on it all day, Heather was here in the morning and wanted to take the girls out, she got them all dressed up and ready, but when she went for the elevator, nothing happened. They told her it would be fixed within a few minutes, but she knew that in Spain this can mean hours. So she took the girls back inside, undressed them and gave up on going out. I had a doctor's appointment with the girls at 16:30, since they hadn't been out all day I wanted to leave earlier and take them for a stroll. Around 15:00 I asked the guys working on the elevator how long it would take, they told me about 10 minutes. 15 minutes later I asked again, same answer. This happend 3-4 times, the guys were clearly getting sick of me. Eventually I couldn't wait any longer or I'd be late for the doctor's. I got the girls ready and put them in their beds, the safest place I could think of. Then I carried the stroller 6 floor down (7 if you're American and consider the ground floor the first floor), ran back upstairs, grabbed the girls and the stroller bag, managed to lock the door with both girls in my arms and the bag over my shoulder, and got us all 3 safely down the stairs. I passed the guys who were fixing the elevator everytime I went up or down, they didn't say anything, didn't offer to help, nothing. As I was putting the girls in the stroller, I heard the elevator come down. Out stepped one of the guys who had been fixing it, looked at me and said "Now it works". I almost killed him!! At least it worked when we came home again.

No comments:

Post a Comment