7 MONTHS + 3 WEEKS - 23 February 2011

Liva and Laia are still sick, they had gotten better, but now especially Laia is coughing again, waking up at night and has a runny nose. I took them to the pediatrician, she gave us some different medicine for them. Poor girls, they are so fed up with coughing and being sick, they hate having their noses wiped and they cry at night when they can't breathe properly because their little noses are blocked. I feel completely helpless and useless because I can't do anything to make them feel better! Instead I kiss and cuddle them as much as I can. Luckily the pediatrician said not to worry, they seem fine and it's just a regular cold which is difficult to get rid of with this weather.
While I was at the doctor's office waiting, I saw loads of little babies, most of them there for their first check-up. It reminded me of the first time I was there, Liva and Laia were about 1 week old, I remember seeing the older babies and being a bit envious of the mothers that they had already been through the first six months. I always knew I wouldn't enjoy the first three months, and I always looked forward to Liva and Laia reaching six months. Many people told me to enjoy the time they were so small because it would pass quickly and then I'd regret not having dwelled in it more. Well, I don't regret anything! I don't miss one second of the first six months, and I thoroughly enjoy every second of Liva and Laia now! I love seeing new things they can do every day, I love playing with them and learning what they like and what they don't like, what makes them laugh, what awakens their interest, what catches their attention, etc. I love seeing how they react when I feed them new things, when we go for a walk and discover new things, when they suddenly realize they can do something they couldn't do before and get really happy - new sounds and new movements. They are so much fun now, more and more every day. I don't miss the first six months, I don't know if I will miss these months, but just in case, I make sure I enjoy it as much as possible and spend as much time with them as I possibly can. I love waking up in the morning to the sound of their babbeling in their room, every evening before going to sleep and every morning when I wake up I look forward to a new day with them. They are such wonderful little human beings and make me more happy than I had ever imagined possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment