9½ MONTHS - 17 April 2011

I haven't really been very motivated to write, since I couldn't find anything to write about. Though the weather is brilliant, I am soooooooooooooooo bored on my daily walks, and Liva and Laia seem to be as well. So last week I decided to do something about it. As I've mentioned before, I know of an international mothers group here, and have met up with them at a playground a few Fridays. The problem is that the kids are mostly 18-24 months, so they're all very different to Liva and Laia - and the playground is not very baby-friendly, it's more for toddlers.
Last week I sent out a mail to all the people in the group, saying I needed to meet mothers with children Liva and Laia's age. I need other mothers to talk to, I need people who can give me help and advice when I don't know what I'm doing, and I would love for Liva and Laia to interact with babies their own age. We have a playdate with Heather, our babysitter, and a little girl she babysits every Wednesday, but it's only 20-30 minutes, and the girl is 5 or 6 years old.
On Monday I'm meeting a mother of a 9-month old boy for a playdate and a coffee, and on Tuesday I'm going to another international mom's group with babies 5-11 months old. I've also agreed with an American mom who I've met once before who has a daughter 1 day older than Liva and Laia, that we meet up 1 day every week and let the girls play while we chat. I'm really looking forward to all this, it will break the routine for all 3 of us.
More moms replied to my mail, I'm sure that after Easter I'll be meeting up with mothers much more. That will be great! And who knows, maybe I'll even make a couple of friends for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment