1 YEAR & almost 5 MONTHS - 23 Nov. 2011

A few weeks ago, Liva was driving me up the walls! She didn't listen to anything we said, a no was completely ignored, she did the opposite of what we told her to do (or not do), and she threw major tantrums when she didn't her will, no matter where we were - at home, at the playground, walking on the street, anywhere. Laia, on the other hand, was just perfect. She'd listen to us, she'd do what we told her to do, or not do what we told her not to do, she loved to help out with everything, she'd quietly hold my hand and wait for Liva to get over it whenever Liva threw a tantrum.
Now, it's completely different. Liva has become really good, she (mostly) listens to us, she has (more or less) stopped her tantrums, she behaves (almost) perfectly when we're out, and she (most of the time) respects a no. Laia, though, has now started driving me up the wall. She's not as bad as Liva was a few weeks ago, but she's close! What gets to me most is how she flips when she doesn't get her way. She doesn't throw big tantrums like Liva did, she just fake-cries and throws herself on the floor. Where Liva did it a couple of times a week, Laia does it a couple of times a day.
I know it's just a stage they have to get through, they have to see where the limit is, and the only way of doing this is by trying to cross it over and over and over again. I'm happy that they're testing at different times, I couldn't handle having both of them testing me at the same time for very long!

Our new babysitter came Monday and Tuesday, and everything was fine. Liva and Laia are such easy girls, they accepted her almost right away. Today - her third day of work - she couldn't come because she was sick. Luckily I didn't have any important plans, just some things I would've liked to get done but that can wait.
One of the things was going to the gym, I haven't been since Sunday and was actually looking forward to it. I won't be able to go this week at all now, tonight Albert's out so I can't leave the girls, tomorrow afternoon/evening I work, Friday Albert normally goes and the weekend we're out of town for my brother-in-law's 40th birthday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment