2 YEARS & 10 MONTHS - 20 May 2013

If I wasn't already 100% sure I don't want more kids, I am now! We've just had my brother-in-law from Barcelona visiting with his 3 kids of 6, 4 and 2 years old. They are sweet, quiet, well-behaved kids, and it was nice having them here. The 2-year old is a girl, the other 2 are boys, especially the girls had a lot of fun together. My brother-in-law ran the Copenhagen marathon yesterday, Albert took the 2 boys to Copenhagen early in the morning while I stayed with the 3 girls. They were sweet and well-behaved, but somehow I got NOTHING done all morning except shower and dress myself, dress the 3 girls and pack a bag. My mom had to come at 10:00 so she could take the train into Copenhagen with me, Albert had used the car and I couldn't bring 2 strollers on my own. My poor mom came all the way to Copenhagen on 2 different trains and a metro, then went straight home coz it was rainy and cold. How do people with more than 2 kids manage? How do they ever get anything not kid-related done?
On the way home the train stopped at the station just before Elsinore, we had to catch a bus the rest of the way (some teenagers had climbed onto a train at Elsinore station and had gotten burnt by the electric wires, poor kids! All trains to Elsinore were stopped for hours). On the bus we, strangely enough, met a Catalan guy who had also run the marathon, he has 4 children. I was speechless when he told us! I love my 2, and I don't want to have more. And now I seriously respect people who have 3 or more children, and still manage to have a life - well done!

No comments:

Post a Comment